Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bridal Shower Tags

All brides need silverware. And bath towels. And salad bowls. But what about what brides want? I'm talking about wine! Below are 6 wine tags to help newlyweds celebrate 6 milestones in their first year of marriage: Wedding Night, First Dinner Party, First New Year's Eve, First Fight, First Anniversary, and First Baby. Well, maybe not the first year on that last one ;-) Each tag has a poem on the back.






For one of my dear friend's bridal shower, I put together a basket of wine using these tags. Here's how I did it. First, I bought a sturdy basket at Micheal's Craft Store (aka Heaven). Then I grabbed some bubble wrap and tissue paper.


Next I went to the liquor store and bought 6 bottles of wine, keeping in mind each tag theme. For First Fight I bought a bottle of Riesling called RELAX. For First Baby I bought a bottle of non-alcoholic wine.  


Then, I put the bubble wrap down in the bottom of the basket and used the tissue paper to support each bottle and keep them from clinking together. I added the tags and viola!


To complete the gift I added a bridal shower card and two chocolate bars that read Bride and Groom. 


Tah dah!




No comments: